Replacing the Isuzu D-Max is a simple procedure. To replace the battery in the Isuzu D-Max electronic key fob, you will need:
- A flat-head screwdriver.
- A CR 2032 replacement battery.
Always use the correct battery type else there’s a risk of explosion and to prevent potential damage, ensure you place the battery in the key holder with the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ terminals the correct way round.
Key fob battery lifespan
Battery life varies in the Isuzu D-Max key fob. As a guide, models with passive entry and start system have a battery life of between 1 – 2 years. Leaving the electronic key fob near devices that emit radio waves such as televisions or radios will reduce the lifespan of the battery.
To replace the Isuzu D-Max key fob battery:
- Pull out the mechanical key while pressing the button on the electronic key.
- Pry open the cover by inserting a flat-head screwdriver. If you want to prevent possible damage to the key fob, place a cloth or tape around the head of the screwdriver.
- Take note of how the battery is inserted into the control unit. Remove the battery.
- Insert a new battery in the identical direction of the expired battery. Insert and click close the fob cover.
- Insert the mechanical key back into the fob.