The Toyota Camry uses transmitters inside the wheels to relay information to the driver about the vehicle’s tire pressures. If the tire pressure warning light flashes, then remains lit, it may indicate a fault with the tire pressure warning system (TPWS). After repairing the system, the system will need to be reset. The tire pressure monitoring system may also require resetting when:
- Tire inflation pressure has been changed
- When tire sizes have been changed
- When rotating the tires
Toyota Camry Tire Pressure Light Reset
When the tire pressure warning system has been reset, the new stored tire inflation pressure will then be the benchmark pressure. To reset the Toyota Camry tire pressure light:
- Park the vehicle and stop the engine for 20 minutes or more.
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure according to the specified cold pressures as can be seen on the tire pressure label located inside the driver’s door.
- Start the engine.
- Using the navigation buttons on the steering wheel to access information on the multi-information display, if your Toyota Camry has the 4.2 inch display, select the button or if your Camry has the 7 inch display, select the button.
- For the 4.2 inch display, select ‘Vehicle Settings’ and press . For the 7 inch display, select then press and hold .
- Select TPWS and press .
- Now select ‘Set Pressure’ and press and hold until the tire pressure warning light flashes 3 times.
- If your vehicle has the tire inflation pressure display, you will then receive information on each tire pressure value.
- For vehicles with a tire inflation pressure display, drive at approximately 25 mph (40 km/h) or more for approximately 10 to 30 minutes.
When the Toyota Camry tire pressure system has been reset, the inflation pressure of each tire will be displayed on the multi-information display. If you are not able to drive at 25 mph (40 km/h) or more, the tire pressure system may still reset, but it will take longer.
If reset procedure does not complete after driving for 1 hour or more, park the vehicle in a safe place for approximately 20 minutes and then drive the vehicle again.
Toyota Camry Dashboard Warning Lights
If you have a warning light on your Toyota Camry and are not sure what it is, see the guide on Toyota Camry dashboard warning lights for further information.